Name of Company
Your Local Private Investigator
Your Local Private Investigator
Chandos Business Centre
87 Warwick Street
We are regulated by the ICO (information Commissioners office) and our DPA (Data Protection Act) registration number is ZA275028.
Terms and Conditions
Definition of terms: (I, we and us refer to 'Private Investigative Services'). Client, customer, ‘you’ refers to a client of 'Private Investigative Services'
that has paid 'Private Investigative Services' in part or in full for its’ services or have requested either verbally or in writing for 'Private Investigative Services' to proceed or
continue with any investigation, surveillance or work of any kind.
- When instructing 'Private Investigative Services', you are entering into a legally binding agreement. Such an agreement obliges you (the client) to pay such fees as
are agreed either verbally or in writing, and in return 'Private Investigative Services' will complete your enquiry and provide you with a report on the outcome of your instructions, written, orally,
or in such a way as is deemed fit by 'Private Investigative Services'.
- Refunds Policy. Where 'Private Investigative Services' has been instructed to commence an investigation and any kind of deposit or payment has been made by the
client, these monies are non-refundable in part or in full once 'Private Investigative Services' has commenced work on the client’s instructions, in full or in part, if the request for
refund is made thereafter. If no work has been commenced by 'Private Investigative Services' on behalf of the client and, it is agreed that a refund can be made, a refund less 25% administration fee
will be made.
- Fees. All fees for instructing 'Private Investigative Services' are payable in advance of 'Private Investigative Services' commencing work on any
instructions for the client unless it is agreed in writing to start the investigation prior to payment. These fees are non-refundable unless agreed as per term (2) of 'Private Investigative Services'
terms and conditions. If it is agreed in writing that an investigation will start, and payment has not been made, failure to make required payments within 14 days of the investigation proceeding will
result in the use of a collection agency to recover our costs (see note 9).
- Consultancy/appointment fees and associated expenses are payable and will be charged by 'Private Investigative Services' at the rate agreed with the Client prior to
any work commencing. This will also include mileage at £0.50 per mile and a travelling cost that is included in the hourly rate. Any other travel or miscellaneous expenses incurred will be
agreed with the Client prior to any work being carried out by 'Private Investigative Services'.
- 'Private Investigative Services' state that the information contained in reports provided to clients either orally communicated or in writing, are true and
accurate. 'Private Investigative Services' accepts no liability for any inaccuracies in its reporting, the use, misuse or any loss arising from its’ reports.
- 'Private Investigative Services' will not knowingly undertake investigations that will be in breach of privacy laws, or indeed any laws governing the domicile
within which it is instructed to perform investigations. Any client that is found to be abusing the services of 'Private Investigative Services', for illicit, criminal or any unlawful purpose
will have their agreement(s) with 'Private Investigative Services' terminated without notice. 'Private Investigative Services' will assist any legally recognised authority in the prosecution of
parties abusing its’ services in such a manner. It is a client’s responsibility to seek the proper legal advice about what is lawful.
- Confidentiality. 'Private Investigative Services' will never disclose client information without being served the proper legal instrument that 'Private
Investigative Services' must comply with, unless the client expressly wishes us to release any such information to a third party. In the absence of such an instrument, or client authority to release
information pertaining to a client’s investigations, 'Private Investigative services' considers all client materials, identity data, and all material relating to client investigations as highly
confidential. After an investigation has concluded and 'Private Investigative Services' has informed the client of the results, all papers, documents or electronic data including emails, computer
files and media shall be immediately destroyed. Any documents that are the legal property of the client shall be returned to the client by a method requested by the client, and at the clients
- Results of investigations. If any payment is made to 'Private Investigative Services' for any service whatsoever, it is on the understanding that Payment is for the
investigation work that 'Private Investigative Services' or any persons working on behalf of 'Private Investigative Services' are either about to carry out, or have already carried out. Under no
circumstances is payment made on the basis of investigation results. Furthermore when 'Private Investigative Services' accepts an investigation and gives an expected investigation time for
completion, this is only an estimated time and not a guarantee. 'Private Investigative Services' will not accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances beyond our control or
indeed elements of the investigation that may result in an extended investigation period.
- Collection agency fees will be added to any invoice when their service is required to collect late payment with an aditional 15% of the initial invoice added every
28 days thereafter.
Although we are based in Warwickshire we cover the whole of the UK.
Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Bristol, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, London, Cornwall, Durham, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Yorkshire, Sussex, Essex,
Gloucestershire, Manchester, Hampshire, Humberside, Isle Of Wight, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Merseyside, Middlesex, Norfolk, Somerset, Northamptonshire, Northumberland,
Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Tyne & Wear, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Wiltshire, Worcestershire.